- Applying Data Mining Techniques to Address Disaster Information Management Challenges on Mobile Devices.
Li Zheng, Chao Shen, Liang Tang, Tao Li, Steve Luis, Shu-Ching Chen.
ACM SIGKDD Conference, 2011. view
- Using Data Mining Techniques to Address Critical Information Exchange Needs in Disaster Affected Public-Private Networks.
Li Zheng, Chao Shen, Liang Tang, Tao Li, Steve Luis, Shu-Ching Chen, Vagelis Hristidis.
ACM SIGKDD Conference, 2010. view
- Survey of data management and analysis in disaster situations.
V. Hristidis, S. Chen, T. Li, S. Luis, and Y. Deng.
The Journal of Systems and Software, 2010. view
- Evolutionary Document Summarization for Disaster Management.
Dingding Wang, Li Zheng, Tao Li, and Yi Deng.
ACM SIGIR Conference, 2009. view
- Towards a business continuity information network for rapid disaster recovery.
Khalid Saleem, Steven Luis, Yi Deng, Shu-Ching Chen, Vagelis Hristidis, Tao Li.
DG.O, 2008. view
In the county of West Palm Beach exercise, we demonstrate the system to WPB Dept. of Emergency Management and companies.
In Miami-Dade company exercises, over 50 company attendees are operating our systems for training exercise. Evaluation is conducted during the exercise and the feedback is good.
In Miami-Dade Dept. of Emergency Management’s Statewide Hurricane Exercise, our systems are responsible for disseminating and responding to injects during the course of the exercise used by both government and company users.
In a full-scale company training of BCIN where about 30 companies participated, companies were given injects to provide information to resolve different information requests.
In Miami-Dade UASI exercise, BCIN was the tool responsible for communication and collaboration with several companies that participated in the event as observers.
In Florida Dept. of Emergency Management’s Statewide Hurricane Exercises, BCIN was utilized in a scenario where Miami-Dade County Emergency Management Business Recovery Desk facilitated the logistics to deploy portable ATMs at Shelters and PODs in Miami-Dade County.